Skimmer not working properly

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is maxspect d600 water level 20cm and the tank is 170g net volume. It's running for almost two months now. There is a clear sea sk5000 filter as well. The filter roller gets pretty dirty. It's a full zeovit system. 9 fishes at the moment no coral (2 clownfish, 5 really small anthias, 1 baby blue tang, 1 mids blenny). The skimmer never really worked in front of the start of the tank. It has nice microbubbles but no real foam. I pulled off the filter roller yesterday and still no foam. What might be the cause of this? Thanks

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it at the manufacturers recommended water level? If yes then just keep playing with the adjustments.
I don't know anything about that particular skimmer but some are just junk that dont work right.
Even if it isn't making skimmate at least it has been pumping oxygen into your tank (so not a total loss so far)

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d imagine your tank is very clean running the filtration and zeo. If your tank looks good, I wouldn’t be worried about the skimmate having to look anyway

anth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that skimmer and judging by how it’s running in the video there doesnt seem to be a problem with it.
It took me a while to dial it in properly and i still have to tweak it from time to time.
What is the pump set to?
What are the 2 intakes set to?
What is the output gate set to?
I may be able to suggest a better setup for it when i know how your running it at the moment.
But like someone said above it really could just be your water is pretty clean.

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I assume it's just my bioload is too low for this skimmer to work properly. I'm running an sk5000 filter roller as well so it must remove most of the undissolved organic out the water already. 9 small fishes for a 170g tank.
Pump power 7
One intake 80 open the other one 100 open
The output gate is around 2/3 close

It appears like the water does not have enough tension to hold all those bubbles it just pops readily. Thanks

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I assume it's just my bioload is too low for this skimmer to work properly. I'm running an sk5000 filter roller as well so it must remove most of the undissolved organic out the water already. 9 small fishes for a 170g tank.
Pump power 7
One intake 80 open the other one 100 open
The output gate is around 2/3 close

It appears like the water does not have enough tension to hold all those bubbles it just pops readily. Thanks
Pump power 7, slow it down more, like 5

anth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything under 7. Then the foam is way under the neck. And the water level is right in the middle of the white dot right now. Thanks
I run mine at 10
One valve 80% and the other about 50% (i will have to check this)
Outlet gate fully open

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back