OP
Koh23

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after long time with no problems, here we go again.....

All started about a month ago, when i replace my sump, for a bit smaller one.

Since i decide on separate frag tank, i really have no nees for such big sump, so i build smaller one, virtualy identical to first one, minus that frag section part, and after replacing, problems started.

Just like above, skimmer produce crazy foam, no matter how i set it... Pump speed, water height inside body, i even add air valve, but, its all the same.

In cup, there is maybe 5mm of greenish water, rest of cup is filled with foam, so strong and thick to raise cup lid, or even form above lid, and on outer sides of collection cup.

It seems that foam simply wont collapse. And no matter of the settings, even with water valve open all the way and pump speed at lowest..... Eventualy i always end in same situation. Just takes longer to get there...

Oposite, with higher water level and higher pump speed, few mm of clean water gets into cup, then the rest is foam, lifting lid from cup....

Beside this, i noticed that foam is created in sump, in that chamber where skimmer is. Also thick dirty foam, in chamber corners, and on first baffle (baffle is top,bottom,top), there is always foam on surface....

Really not sure what is going on, i dose vsv, but, i did it before, without this issues.....

IMG_20221215_192409.jpg IMG_20221209_154622.jpg

OP
OP
Koh23

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tought of that, but problem started before dosing.

Vsv probably made things worse, i agree

OP
OP
Koh23

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i really hope someone will have any advice, otherwise skimmer is going into garbage.....

No matter how i set it, if fills cup with snow white foam. Full open valve, pump speed to min, and almost closed air valve... It just takes bit longer.

Full speed, air at max - snow white foam, in minutes.

Today i cleaned cr...p at least 20 times, really have no will, no matter how i set it, its the same.

Cleaned, nothing clogged, all seems ok. I know, i dose vsv, bacteria, stuff, but...

This is not my first dosing, increased skimming yes, but, like this... Newer....

So any help before i god mad and throw it in garbage... :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back