Skimmer question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ndz98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Cookeville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emptied this last night and after a day it's pretty full. I feel like it should be this much. Any input?

image.jpg
 
Are you using any type of chem's in the water, i.e. water conditioners, etc.?
 
That water looks fairly clear, hard to tell though. Is it? How heavily stocked is your tank?

EDIT: I have had this style skimmer in the past. Adding filter floss to my tank made it go nuts. Have you added anything at all to the water?
 
Are you using any type of chem's in the water, i.e. water conditioners, etc.?
I put some reef Roids in there and I thought maybe that was it but not sure. No chemicals.
 
That water looks fairly clear, hard to tell though. Is it? How heavily stocked is your tank?

EDIT: I have had this style skimmer in the past. Adding filter floss to my tank made it go nuts. Have you added anything at all to the water?
The water had a light green color. It is typically much darker when I empty it and a lot less. I don't even get that much in a week typically. I only have two clowns, a sailfin tang, a emerald crab, 4 snails, and 4 blue leg hermit crabs. I had all them before this started happening though.
 
When have you taken the skimmer apart? I had a similar issue and the air line was caked with calcium. Cleared it and problem was gone.
 
When have you taken the skimmer apart? I had a similar issue and the air line was caked with calcium. Cleared it and problem was gone.
I haven't taken it apart yet to clean it. Probably will end up doing it this weekend.
 
Sounds like something is causing the water to foam up more or the cup slipped down. Those o-rings are terrible at holding it in place long term. Try raising the cup a bit and see if it helps.
 
Sounds like something is causing the water to foam up more or the cup slipped down. Those o-rings are terrible at holding it in place long term. Try raising the cup a bit and see if it helps.
I'm thinking it was the reef Roids that did it because it hasn't happened since I put them in.
 
Only one way to find out.... put some more in and see if it happens again. It would be good for people to know.
 
Only one way to find out.... put some more in and see if it happens again. It would be good for people to know.
I just put some in a little bit ago. I'll give an update when I get home later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new