Skimmer question

  • Thread starter Thread starter m0nk3y69d
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nope it's almost a year old and I have noticed that last few times I have shut it off to clean the cup that when I turn it back on it will nuts and flood the cup
 
Mine usually dose this, I just turn it down for a couple hours, then I'm able to return it to its normal position
 
Much needs to be learned and understood about bubble surface tension.
Once this is learned you will know why it breaks down once it hits the lid
Classic sign of a chain reaction caused by an element on the lid
 
i don't clean it with anything I just dump it in the sink run it under water and clean it out with a sponge
 
I wouldnt say over skimming as that is not possible.
I would say let the bacteria re populate the inside of the skimmer components and the micro bubbles will stop.
 
Mine does that often but if you leave it be it will stop and start running more normal. It usually happens right after cleaning. The bubbles rise up faster when there is nothing n the neck for them to cling to. Also happens if there are any chemical additives in the water such as an ammonia reducer or declorinator. As long as the lid isn't leaking I wouldn't worry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new