CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which skimmer has more air intake
DC or AC?
Alternating current and direct current has to do with how the unit or pump is powered . The DC allows you to adjust the speed of the unit or pump , which to me is a nice feature . As far as which would intake more air ,assuming both pumps were capable of pumping the same about of water per hour would have more to do with design , impeller design , and intake tube design and size .

OP
OP
reeferdon

reeferdon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alternating current and direct current has to do with how the unit or pump is powered . The DC allows you to adjust the speed of the unit or pump , which to me is a nice feature . As far as which would intake more air ,assuming both pumps were capable of pumping the same about of water per hour would have more to do with design , impeller design , and intake tube design and size .
Okay, make since

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back