Skimmer set up

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice on setting up our protein skimmer correctly.

https://www.aquatop.com/products/aquatop-xyclone-protein-skimmer-370gph

It seems like I can only get it to have a tank full of bubbles, or no bubbles at all in the skimmer. I'm not sure if the black sponge material around the return valves needs to be completely submerged or not. Or maybe it's too much skimmer for my 75.

rainmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a few days for a new skimmer to break in there will need to be a biofilm build up in skimmer before it can be adjusted till then I would run with no bubbles or if the bubbles aren’t bothering corals I would let in be or some where in between may not get all bubbles out till the break in period in done
Never run that kind of skimmer but looks like sponges should cover outlet into tank suppose to help illuminate bubbles

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice on setting up our protein skimmer correctly.

https://www.aquatop.com/products/aquatop-xyclone-protein-skimmer-370gph

It seems like I can only get it to have a tank full of bubbles, or no bubbles at all in the skimmer. I'm not sure if the black sponge material around the return valves needs to be completely submerged or not. Or maybe it's too much skimmer for my 75.
Where you have this skimmer setup, is it in the sump? The return is adjustable perhaps adjust the knobs a bit? Don't have experience with that skimmer. We have the octopus skimmer and been quite happy with it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back