Skimmer

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find a nice skimmer for a 46 gallon bowfront tank with a sump but I was just looking on marine depot and I couldn't find a skimmer for this size of a tank there all either bigger or smaller so I don't know what to get but I usually get reef octopus skimmer and the smallest one they have is the 110int skimmer and that's way bigger so I don't know what to get can anyone help me out with this??

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find a nice skimmer for a 46 gallon bowfront tank with a sump but I was just looking on marine depot and I couldn't find a skimmer for this size of a tank there all either bigger or smaller so I don't know what to get but I usually get reef octopus skimmer and the smallest one they have is the 110int skimmer and that's way bigger so I don't know what to get can anyone help me out with this??
i am a big fan or aqua c remora skimmers. They are phenomenal. They are hang on back, but i dont see why it couldnt be used in sump as well.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have a hob reef octopus bh90 on my tank now but just getting ready to start this tank and move everything over to it once it cycles and everything

OP
OP
R

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not usual to get a skimmer that exactly match your tank.
Just a random pick "https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef...-5-internal-space-saving-protein-skimmer.html"
This is a perfect skimmer for your tank size.
If you want to go smaller you will end up with a HOB type of skimmer.
I think I'm gonna go with that skimmer because I like reef octopus skimmer and it is good for this size of a tank and it has all good reviews I should have gone on bulk reef supply I just went on marine depot and I go on both those sites alot but thanks again for helping me out with this

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back