Skimz external skimmer questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rezac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rezac

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the sk202 external skimmer and I can't get it to stop overflowing. I got it last November, it has sat in my garage for about a month. I set it up yesterday and was overflowing like crazy. I called aquacave and he said to check my drain. Last night I ran it in vinegar water for about 5 hours, then ro water for about another 5. I redid the drain today and it's still overflowing. I have adjusted the air screw so it is all the way out and have the water level as low as it can go. Do you guys have any ideas?
c68e878ce5d484d7873530c1b7e6d92c.jpg
 
Now it settled. Guess I just needed to be more patient. How high should I adjust the water level to get a not very wet skim?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new