skimz Macroalgae Reactor is it worth while ?

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard it is not as good as having refugium .
I built my own algae reactor and love it I don't have a refugium but my wife is setting up one for her sea horse es as we think it will be better.i guess it depends on need but I would definitely run one of them as I have seen a definite improvement R

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean “not as good”. I have one, up and running for 4 months. Keeping nitrates and phosphate in check so far.

If you want a spot for other creatures such as pods I would agree it’s not the best.

B58A4A2D-359C-4DAC-BB0A-6B83A1C57B3D.jpeg

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean “not as good”. I have one, up and running for 4 months. Keeping nitrates and phosphate in check so far.

If you want a spot for other creatures such as pods I would agree it’s not the best.

B58A4A2D-359C-4DAC-BB0A-6B83A1C57B3D.jpeg
I didn't mean to compare the two if I did as I don't have a comparison only ment I built one and am very happy w it but you are right that said my wife is setting up a refugium for her seahorses and that purpose is for their food and hopefully she'll get the same filtering from her refugium As I do from my algae reactor.R

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't mean to compare the two if I did as I don't have a comparison only ment I built one and am very happy w it but you are right that said my wife is setting up a refugium for her seahorses and that purpose is for their food and hopefully she'll get the same filtering from her refugium As I do from my algae reactor.R

I just didn't know what “not as good” meant from the OP. Several factors on deciding between the two. You should be able to see the difference first hand
:)

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just didn't know what “not as good” meant from the OP. Several factors on deciding between the two. You should be able to see the difference first hand
:)
I definitely see the difference in running my reactor w no doubt just can't say anything for a refugium as I don't have one and my only suggestion was I would definitely run a reactor and am hoping the same results happen for my wife's refugium but as I don't have one can't speak for one but I would definitely have one of the two as I do see a large help having one of them and I wouldn't go without since having my reactor.hope that clears things up as there's no argument one the great filtering my reactor has given me R

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back