!!!!!!Skinny LOVE!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been ever so patient with this one. You might even say that I have been hoarding it just a little. A few lucky customers have gotten small sample frags over the course but this one has been growing out otherwise untouched for well over a year from an aussie frag.

The Skinny Love is without a doubt the slickest looking thinbrancher I have. The blue coloration in the body is unlike any acro that I have seen. Truly a remarkable coral and one of my top ten without a doubt. Enduring a couple weeks of hesitation I finally decided to go ahead and put this this one up on the site today. Frags of this 100% captive grown beauty are extremely limited but available right now! top pic links to the site

IMG_9126-2_zpsb9fff491.jpg

CHEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up Adam? Very very nice coral. Mine is doing great from the last pack I got from you. Everyone the coral looks that good. Adam I will be in touch with you on the next pack I am getting from you after the New year.
Thanks
Ken

METZCOOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the flow and lighting this baby likes?
Running radions gen 2 at 65% in 29" tall tank.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a WYSIWYG piece? I am buying the frag pictured here and on the site?

Thanks,
Ben

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this and always wondered what it was you snuck in a pack I purchased now I know :target:

I have it top center under and 20k Radium and 4 T5 Blue+ High flow and it it now growing like a weed.

Sorry for the Crappy cell pic.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the flow and lighting this baby likes?
Running radions gen 2 at 65% in 29" tall tank.

Hi there,

Great question. I have this colony in the prop system under 65k iwasaki but I did frag it for my personal display. That one is under a gen 2 as well and looking amazing! small still but excellent coloration.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another awesome sps from Adam, this one has a great coral and fantastic shape

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any advice for this coral? I've had a small frag this for a few months and it is maybe the slowest grower in my tank. It has literally encrusted about 1mm. It is fairly white but with a blue tint. I can see polyps but they are barely out. My piece is pretty small because I pressured Adam in to cutting when he really didn't want to.

I have it about 24 inches below my water surface but I estimate it gets about 250 PAR under my leds. I have ton a of sps and everything is colored up and growing. Not sure what to do with this one. Thoughts?

Hers is a pic of my PAR meter results. It is placed a little to the right and above the "230" that is in front of my lemonpeel, so I'd guess it gets about 250 or so.

d019bad8babd26668989c1e39f59fbd9.jpg

Last edited:

mic209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sent me a piece of this early last year, unfortunately I lost it :(. Was definitely one of my favorite acros i've ever had.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received one with my bliss order for the grow-out. It is a slow grower for me but recently, it has started picking up steam. I recently upgraded and I’m sure that paused the growth a little but my new tank is stabilizing now. I have mine in about 290 par and the blues are really starting to develop.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any updates on how this coral grows?

If you're asking about the structure, it grows out into a table shape comprised of interlaced branches with upward pointing tips. The shape is similar to Acropora jacquelinae, but the branches seem a bit thicker. Not the best photo at all, but you can see the shape of the colony:

IMG_2521.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back