Skunk cleaner shrimp

Nate_Krohn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2019
Messages
116
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cleaner shrimp has been hiding for the past week or so. I can see him under a rock and he’s living but his antennas are pretty much gone. I’ve been spot feeding him to make sure he eats and he does. Any ideas?
 
A fish is probably nipping at his antenna. My cleaner shrimp molts every month, so yours will probably grow back!
Good to hear! Thanks! I have a yellow tang in the tank so she might be the problem.
 
Very normal. Took mine 3 months to come out and stay out. Had it 3+ years and this past Tuesday, purple pseudochromis attacked him during molt. Purple is being evicted from tank as soon as tomorrow !!!
 
I woke up this morning and the shrimp molted again and his antennas grew back. He’s acting normal now! Thanks everyone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new