Sleeper Goby with dark patch and a distended stomach.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ziggy17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Female fish sometimes fill with eggs when there is no male to spawn with, so it could be that.
Jay is correct. Sometimes, or many times, for some reason a female fish has eggs and something happens where one or all of them die and rot causing black spots.

But those fish are normally a little fat.
 
Apologies, I guess my question was buried.
If it’s eggs, when should I expect to observe a normal sized stomach size. I’ll google search the eggs to see what they look like.
It’s been this way for about a month, but admittedly, I didn’t document the exact date I first noticed, but my best guess is a month.
 
Apologies, I guess my question was buried.
If it’s eggs, when should I expect to observe a normal sized stomach size. I’ll google search the eggs to see what they look like.
It’s been this way for about a month, but admittedly, I didn’t document the exact date I first noticed, but my best guess is a month.

There are two outcomes when a female fish has developed eggs, but then don't release them due to no male being present; the eggs can be released on their own, or the fish can become egg bound. When the latter happens, there isn't any cure, the eggs harden and become septic and the fish eventually dies from that....I'm sorry, but I can't forecast how this may turn out..... I've tried injecting fish with a follicle-stimulating hormone; FSH and luteinizing hormone; LH. The trouble is, those methods don't work once the eggs have become hardened in the follicles.
 
There are two outcomes when a female fish has developed eggs, but then don't release them due to no male being present; the eggs can be released on their own, or the fish can become egg bound. When the latter happens, there isn't any cure, the eggs harden and become septic and the fish eventually dies from that....I'm sorry, but I can't forecast how this may turn out..... I've tried injecting fish with a follicle-stimulating hormone; FSH and luteinizing hormone; LH. The trouble is, those methods don't work once the eggs have become hardened in the follicles.
Oh geez. Didn’t see that one coming. Thanks for the update Jay, always appreciated.
Let’s hope for the best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new