Sleeper gobys

Gorelow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from my fish store and purchased a pair of tank raised sleeper gobies. They told me the guy had it for two years that they lived together for 2 years and this bigger one is incredibly aggressive to the small one and seems to be chasing every fish in my tank. is this something that will stop because he just got into the tank? Is he just trying to show his dominance? Of course I guess this is probably a moot point considering I can never catch him and take him out of the tank anyway.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, good point .... they are really hard to catch.
I have one named Chernobyl. (It loves to drop sand in my wavemaker and make the tank look like a nuclear winter.)
When he arrived, he was incredibly aggressive. It was a cage match between the goby and a 4" Saddleback clown for a while. I can't say what happened but the goby kind of keeps to itself now. Every now and again, he'll tussle with a tang but he is far from the jerk he once was.

OP
OP
G

Gorelow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, good point .... they are really hard to catch.
I have one named Chernobyl. (It loves to drop sand in my wavemaker and make the tank look like a nuclear winter.)
When he arrived, he was incredibly aggressive. It was a cage match between the goby and a 4" Saddleback clown for a while. I can't say what happened but the goby kind of keeps to itself now. Every now and again, he'll tussle with a tang but he is far from the jerk he once was.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I just don't see what chance the other sleeper goby has. Or maybe that will stop too. So odd because they lived in that tank together for 2 years

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I just don't see what chance the other sleeper goby has. Or maybe that will stop too. So odd because they lived in that tank together for 2 years
Make sure there is plenty of rockwork, places to hide. Chernobyl is kind of like a vampire now ... he lurks in the shadows in the back of the tank and then jumps out when it sees food. Like all fish, they need a place to feel safe .... a cave, a ledge .... a coffin after sunrise....

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back