Slick Orphek Atlantik v3 Installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek Atlantik V3 Installation

March 23, 2016

Check out this beautiful installation of 2 units of the Orphek Atlantik v 3 series light. It’s so easy to adapt our lights to various aftermarket mounting systems that Brad in the USA was able to achieve a look that satisfied himself and his wife.

The tank is a Red Sea Reefer Series 525XL. Aquarium volume is 139 gallons and measures 59”x22”x22”. The look of the lights and rail system gives an overall clean, sleek look to the tank. Achieving a clean, well presented look is very important in order to keep our spouses happy and this definitely achieves that look very well.

Brad used a standard rail system from Aqua Illumination to adapt and mount the lights achieving this look. By replacing the nuts on his Atlantik v3 with 4mm nylon lock nuts, Brad was able to instantly mount the lights on the rail securely.

The Atlantik v3 is able to provide enough PAR and intensity for the higher end SPS that Brad is planning for the tank. The Wi-Fi control and programming will allow him to set a light schedule that both fit the needs of the coral and the viewing times for him and his family. The late night movies will be accompanied by a gorgeous blue/purple actinic look that can only be produced by the Orphek Atlantik series of lights.

With the ability to create a daytime look between 10k and 20k, the daytime hours of the tank will also allow for some of the most beautiful viewing available. Colors on coral will still pop while the fish and inhabitants add their daily routines to the beauty.

We are sure that this is going to be a beautiful system and look forward to future updates from Brad.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you're ready Todd. We can ship one to you just as soon as you complete payment. :)

LOL!!!!! Have a great day and happy Reefing!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lay-away plan?? Ha ha jk[emoji3]. Im in the market for new lights on my 72x27x30 now. Will be checking these out

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you're ready Todd. We can ship one to you just as soon as you complete payment. :)

LOL!!!!! Have a great day and happy Reefing!
Let me recover from the cost of my new microscope and we will be in business!
Can't wait to try the V3 plus out. I got the email and oh my the spectrums are outstanding!
Good job!

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too I may be in the market for my 96"x48"x29" FOWRL tank. Send me a pm and let me know some ball park number and configurations. Thanks.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too I may be in the market for my 96"x48"x29" FOWRL tank. Send me a pm and let me know some ball park number and configurations. Thanks.

PM is being sent.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful!

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I found that later. Are they only android compatible, and can't seem to find a price point on them anywhere.

There is an android version and an iOS version. Both are currently available. There are some differences between the two models as well.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhhh. Okay.

I'm going to need the skinny on that mounting kit @Orphek!!

Draw Brad in, or cough up some details. That's awesome.

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add, the nuts support the lights as they are trapped in the rail grooves. The use of Ny-Lok nuts prevents the nuts from getting loose.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back