Slight haze in new tank

Danvl1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive set up my new tank about 2 weeks ago my old tank had a leak so i had to swap everything over (corals, a pair of clowns, 3 damsels and a cuc) i cylced using atm colony and all is going very well so far, the tank seems to have cycled fully now, yhe only slight issue i have is i cant seem to shift this slightly cloudy water, im using nsw but im running carbon and filter floss, it looks alot worse in pictures amd i can only notice it with the lights on (excuse the lighting i have another kessil turning up tomorrow) is this common for new tank so have a slight haze to it at the beginning?

All my parameters seem absolutely fine

20200129_152338.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterial blooms are common when cycling, but I've never used nsw so not sure if it's exactly the same.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive set up my new tank about 2 weeks ago my old tank had a leak so i had to swap everything over (corals, a pair of clowns, 3 damsels and a cuc) i cylced using atm colony and all is going very well so far, the tank seems to have cycled fully now, yhe only slight issue i have is i cant seem to shift this slightly cloudy water, im using nsw but im running carbon and filter floss, it looks alot worse in pictures amd i can only notice it with the lights on (excuse the lighting i have another kessil turning up tomorrow) is this common for new tank so have a slight haze to it at the beginning?

All my parameters seem absolutely fine

20200129_152338.jpg

Bacteria bloom. Either wait it out or get a UV sterilizer.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacteria bloom. Either wait it out or get a UV sterilizer.
This ^^^^^ if the rocks made the move, and you used bacteria in a bottle, you should have an instant cycle. I would run a UV to clear up the water, kind of a big investment, but it will save headaches in the future. I know a few guys that are actually using the Jebao UV sterilizer with good results and its only $150 on amazon. I might use one in the future, but time will tell.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a persistent haze in my 60 gal tank that never went away even after cycling. I added a 27W Green Killing Machine and within 2 days it was gone. You can get one for around $85 at Petco, and less online.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a persistent haze in my 60 gal tank that never went away even after cycling. I added a 27W Green Killing Machine and within 2 days it was gone. You can get one for around $85 at Petco, and less online.

I have one in my freshwater. Was $75 and works amazing. Still going after almost a year of running 24/7.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back