New tank slightly unlevel

ErikEdmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I just set up and filled my new Waterbox Infinia Reef 150.4 and I've noticed the tank is slightly unlevel. Now that water is in there, it's too heavy to get shims in under those hard to reach legs, and I'm unsure how big of a concern this is, going forward. I tend to worry about things that aren't necessary. I just want to make sure my tank won't explode.
IMG_0760.jpeg
IMG_0765.jpeg

OP
OP
ErikEdmund

ErikEdmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would see that as pretty level or at least acceptable on the basis its now full

Its only slightly out
I tend to agonize over everything. I had the thing leveled before I added water and it's very slight. I'll keep an eye on it and correct it in the future if possible.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s back to front level after filling?
If this measure is same or smaller than the length level and the stand to floor is solid, I’d have no concerns.
You want to make sure you can’t see the variance at tanks top ledge and while not unsafe, will look dum IMM. If your tank is not rimless, easy to hide that minor issue.

180DT-4 years
IMG_2019.jpeg

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key is to have the support for the glass even - you wouldn't want any gaps in supporting the bottom of a rimless tank from side to side. That'll cause stresses in the glass. Less concern on a framed tank of course. The 'level' of the cabinet is less of a concern as long as it's not too far off the bubble as you'll only have a slight pressure increase of weight on the high side. Doubt that much off would be noticeable.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above post beat me to it, but as an engineer I can say you really don't need to worry about the exact levelness of the tank as much as is it fully supported around the rim. It is this lack of support "unlevelness" that cause the glass bottom to flex, putting stress on the silicon seam that leads to a blow-out. Having one end of the tank slightly deeper than the other does not put any significant additional stress on the seams

OP
OP
ErikEdmund

ErikEdmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above post beat me to it, but as an engineer I can say you really don't need to worry about the exact levelness of the tank as much as is it fully supported around the rim. It is this lack of support "unlevelness" that cause the glass bottom to flex, putting stress on the silicon seam that leads to a blow-out. Having one end of the tank slightly deeper than the other does not put any significant additional stress on the seams
It's on a leveling mat and fully supported across the bottom of the tank. There's probably a 1/8" difference in water level from the left to right side. Front to back is pretty much perfect.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back