Suggestions on 90-100G tanks

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,
I have been researching to find a new tank and really like the design of the Waterbox INFINIA series.
Either the INFINIA Frag 125.4 or INFINIA Reef 150.4.

INFINIA Frag 125.4- DIMENSIONS: (LxWxH): 1223 x 643 x 410mm (48.2" x 25.3" x 16.1")
INFINIA Reef 150.4- DIMENSIONS: (LxWxH): 1,223 x 643 x 550mm (48.2" x 25.3" x 21.7")

Sadly found they are on back order... Is there any other brand of tanks recommended? I been seeing some negative things on the recently made red sea tanks.. Not sure on other brands out there. Would appreciate any suggestions price range on tank 2.5-3.5k$ max.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the taller one. It’s difficult to deliver the flow properly in short tanks. I have a tough time in my 20” tall.

I have 48x24x20 105/G

I’d go with the 48x25x21 or a standard 120/G. SCA has a really cheap 120/G drilled and delivered for under $2K

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would look into the Aquaforest Oceanguard or Innovative Marine
Is there a style of innovative marine u would suggest? I would like to have one with a sump. Do they have a new design out recently or they have any? i see the ext line

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go with the taller one. It’s difficult to deliver the flow properly in short tanks. I have a tough time in my 20” tall.

I have 48x24x20 105/G

I’d go with the 48x25x21 or a standard 120/G. SCA has a really cheap 120/G drilled and delivered for under $2K
Thats very helpful to know about flow on a shorter tank. Ty for that. Does SCA 120g drilled tank come with a stand/sump or is that just the tank?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats very helpful to know about flow on a shorter tank. Ty for that. Does SCA 120g drilled tank come with a stand/sump or is that just the tank?

You can add a cabinet for $895 which honestly isn’t a bad deal considering the headache of building one and painting it. You’ll be looking at $2,130 shipped with a cabinet. For tank only it’s about $1,235.

Planet Aquariums is about the next cheapest. I went with them because I order through ADG in Houston, TX and they get it fairly quickly. Plus I’ve had 4 other Planet tanks. They’re not Reef Savvy quality, but after the tank has water in it it’s hard to tell much difference for me personally. One thing I love about planet is they will do armored seam protectors. Highly recommend these on the front and sides top and even the bottom. Silicone will look perfect the entire life of the tank. I wish I would have got them on every single silicone seam even in the back.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I paid about 5 or 600 for my aqueon 90g.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a style of innovative marine u would suggest? I would like to have one with a sump. Do they have a new design out recently or they have any? i see the ext line
I would probably get an ext, maybe the 150 gallon. If you get one made to order, you get 40% which is pretty nice.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea reefer system myself, no complaints at all. system runs silent, only way you can mess it up is with outside equipment.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea reefer system myself, no complaints at all. system runs silent, only way you can mess it up is with outside equipment.
Unless your front seam separates dumping your water all over your floors. Not trying to scare you, but since you own a RED SEA, you might want to take a minute to go search these forums for RED SEA FAIL. and start reading about what thousands of people have dealt with, you might find a preventative that saves your system if you have one of those RS tanks that are prone to that issue.

Just the fact that there is a Gen2 red sea proves there is an issue with the Gen1's that required re-design.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your front seam separates dumping your water all over your floors. Not trying to scare you, but since you own a RED SEA, you might want to take a minute to go search these forums for RED SEA FAIL. and start reading about what thousands of people have dealt with, you might find a preventative that saves your system if you have one of those RS tanks that are prone to that issue.

Just the fact that there is a Gen2 red sea proves there is an issue with the Gen1's that required re-design.
I guess I'll cross my fingers and be glad I have the second gen version :grinning-face-with-sweat:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back