Slim Overflow box options

Anthrax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently in the process of planning a new reef tank and will be drilling the tank for an external overflow box. In the past I found a slim overflow box kit that allowed for the water level to be hidden above the trim but the options that I am seeing now all would cause the water level to drop below the trim by a good margin.

Is there any recommendations aside from the BRS Eshopps kit? I would prefer a slim overflow box and slim external box if possible. I do not want to see the water line and would like to be able to hide it above the trim of my tank. I believe the last time I used a slim overflow kit, it was from the website Glass-holes.com but I don't believe they are in business anymore.

Last edited:

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To my eye it looks like the eshoppe eclipse and prodigy models could mount pretty high/high enough for the water level to sit at or above the rim. . . though I don't have any personal experience with them.

What size tank?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i use the fiji cube low profile overflow box for my rimmed 40B. all i did was clamp the water level guide onto the trim itself to have the water level higher for when i drilled the tank. i bought an additional 2 seals/gaskets for the bulkhead to give the overflow box room to be mounted higher because of the trim.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back