Slow Burn Montipora PAR

Trenton Henderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have a slow burn Monti? If so, what PAR is it sitting at?

I’ve had mine on a frag rack in the tank for a couple weeks and it seems to respond negatively when I bump it above 150-160 PAR (gets that white velvety look to the tips). I’m not sure if that’s specific to this Monti or if the LFS I got it from was at a much lower PAR.

Also, I’ve had some minor Dino’s going on, so I’ve had to blow them off of it constantly. It’s a light dusting, but that could be enough to bother it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trenton Henderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3 monti colonies I have are all in the 200-275 PAR range.

You can see here how the tips have bleached a little. Not sure how at 170-200ish PAR. All major elements have been stable.

image.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see here how the tips have bleached a little. Not sure how at 170-200ish PAR. All major elements have been stable.

image.jpg
I had to move my green monti a few days ago as one of my mushroom colonies was stinging the edges. But otherwise they've been fine. Yours still looks reasonably good.

OP
OP
T

Trenton Henderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to move my green monti a few days ago as one of my mushroom colonies was stinging the edges. But otherwise they've been fine. Yours still looks reasonably good.

I’m wondering if the rapid Dino growth on the surface has caused some localized issues.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back