Slow growth. Reasons why?

jtgordon20

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
299
Reaction score
5
Location
Henderson, Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone from a 10g to 20L and now to a 40B and never had great growth. No growth on frogspawn, still two mushrooms, and sps not encrusted
What could be something I can do.
I have good equipment. Don't dose. Could it have been that my old MH had a weak ballast but now have new light.

Ask anything you want.
All help and suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!!:D
 
What kind of lighting and flow you got going on?

Also what are your Cal, Alk, Mag readings? Got to have that skeleton building going on for them to grow! :D
 
I have a small percula clownfish, a starry blenny, fire shrimp and a small yellow tang. Don't worry. He has plans for a bigger home.

Lighting I have a current USA with a 150w 14k pheonix with 2x96w PC. All about 6 weeks old.

I'll have to test for ya. Haven't since I've gone to the 40B. Only been a week. But the 20L had good levels. About 8.5 dkh and 420 calcium. No mag test in the kit.
 
And for flow I have 750 koralia evolution and two nano koralias, 240 and 425. I have an extra 750 but needs a new impeller :banghead:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new