Small bugs in nano tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter BSej
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BSej

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
307
Reaction score
57
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've had a nano sitting with one coral and a few shrimp for a few months. Today I noticed a bunch of tiny white critters on the wall. What are they? Should I do anything about it?

Thanks!
 
Hi,

I've had a nano sitting with one coral and a few shrimp for a few months. Today I noticed a bunch of tiny white critters on the wall. What are they? Should I do anything about it?

Thanks!

Is it possible for you to get some close up photos of them?
 
Is it possible for you to get some close up photos of them?
I tried. The camera doesn't pick it up. The best I could do is that video. They have legs and move slowly around the glass. They are kinda transparent.
 
I'm going to guess they are copepods. @ISpeakForTheSeas, do you have an idea?
Definitely some kind of pod - I can't say for sure with all of them, but at least a couple seem to be Janiroidean Isopods, likely Janirid Isopods of some variety, and they're harmless/beneficial:
That's a Janiroidean (likely Janirid) isopod - they're known in the hobby as "Munnid" isopods (but that seems to be incorrect).

Anyway, they're harmless/beneficial.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new