Small clown scratch

  • Thread starter Thread starter txj4ep0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

txj4ep0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2026
Messages
45
Reaction score
31
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 1 inch black oc. Clownfish looks like he has almost what looks like a scar/scratch on his side I’ve never noticed before. I guess it’s possible he scratched himself on a rock. He’s only been in the tank a week and he was the first inhabitant aside from my fire shrimp and clean up crew. He hangs out in the middle water column except when he sleeps near the bottom corner. He is eating both crushed pellets and mysis shrimp. I’m worried about something worse but I can’t get a good picture because he moves too much.

20260730_201654_F54547F7-BFFD-4569-8D21-4BCA87211E17.png


20260730_201654_BF26129D-EC59-4F26-8109-AAEEF1985E94.png
 
Last edited:
My 1 inch black oc. Clownfish looks like he has almost what looks like a scar/scratch on his side I’ve never noticed before. I guess it’s possible he scratched himself on a rock. He’s only been in the tank a week and he was the first inhabitant aside from my fire shrimp and clean up crew. He hangs out in the middle water column except when he sleeps near the bottom corner. He is eating both crushed pellets and mysis shrimp. I’m worried about something worse but I can’t get a good picture because he moves too much.
View attachment 4518453
20260730_201524_12977CEA-FD6D-4372-8986-10D99A88E1A0.png
 
My 1 inch black oc. Clownfish looks like he has almost what looks like a scar/scratch on his side I’ve never noticed before. I guess it’s possible he scratched himself on a rock. He’s only been in the tank a week and he was the first inhabitant aside from my fire shrimp and clean up crew. He hangs out in the middle water column except when he sleeps near the bottom corner. He is eating both crushed pellets and mysis shrimp. I’m worried about something worse but I can’t get a good picture because he moves too much.
View attachment 4518453
20260730_201524_12977CEA-FD6D-4372-8986-10D99A88E1A0.png
20260730_201614_038F2E00-4C19-4937-B256-F61D3C769893.png
 
This is likely from darting into rocks and should heal on its own but keep an eye on area for healing and not becoming sore which would warrant treatment using Seachem Neoplex
 
My 1 inch black oc. Clownfish looks like he has almost what looks like a scar/scratch on his side I’ve never noticed before. I guess it’s possible he scratched himself on a rock. He’s only been in the tank a week and he was the first inhabitant aside from my fire shrimp and clean up crew. He hangs out in the middle water column except when he sleeps near the bottom corner. He is eating both crushed pellets and mysis shrimp. I’m worried about something worse but I can’t get a good picture because he moves too much.

20260730_201654_F54547F7-BFFD-4569-8D21-4BCA87211E17.png


20260730_201654_BF26129D-EC59-4F26-8109-AAEEF1985E94.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Tough to see clearly - this could be just a scratch, but remember, reef fish are well adapted to swimming around corals, so they rarely injure themselves.

This *could* be the start of Brooklynella disease. The symptoms of that are excess mucus, rapid breathing, not eating and swimming poorly. Watch for any spread of this mucus....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new