Small companion fish for school tank

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on the other site but I don't know where people are most on these days so ill post it here too. 20 gal tank already has a clown pair. What else can I add. Don't want chromis. Maybe fire fish or Cardinal or hawk fish or gobys or bennies. Any ideas would be great. Kids want more live stuff and colors.

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a shrimp and goby pair? Form and function. Great color possibilities,the cool level for the kids and a few lessons could come from them.

seagull18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A flame hawk would be great. Looks cool and is always moving about. Bengai cardinal would work also, they tend to be always out front and visible. Firefish and blennies are also a good choice also. Shrimp and goby pair are nice but you have to hope they set up shop in the front portion of your tank. Also the shrimp can stay hidden for a long period of time. I think you want smaller fish that don't need special accomodations are colorful, active and out front a good portion of the time.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually six lines are suppose to be peaceful fish

Not when they get to be full grown... adults are little bullies!

Last edited:

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a shrimp and goby pair? Form and function. Great color possibilities,the cool level for the kids and a few lessons could come from them.

This was going to be my suggestion. I had a yasha goby and a tiger pistol shrimp and it was by far my kinds fravorite tank inhabitants.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tiger pistols are out much more than the others. As for where the set up camp, I have found that they make several openings and move around them all. I have seen this with more than one pair, tiger and yellow watchman goby.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back