Small floats for glass dosing containers

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwfain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dwfain

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2020
Messages
96
Reaction score
36
Location
Benton
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some small floats, preferably different bright colors, that I can place in glass dosing containers. I want to be able to easily see if something needs to be refilled without getting on my hands and knees and looking. Any ideas?
 
Are you looking for a a float that can facilitate refilling- or just an indication? A float switch or a float valve?
 
I am looking for some small floats, preferably different bright colors, that I can place in glass dosing containers. I want to be able to easily see if something needs to be refilled without getting on my hands and knees and looking. Any ideas?
Plastic balls? Ping pong balls?
What about those beads kids make bracelets out of? I think they float.
 
Just need something I can put in the glass jar as an indicator and will not leech anything.
 
What doser are you using? I'm just curious as I use kamoer and redsea and both apps tell me how much is in the containers and have been very accurate as long as I input the correct amount when I fill them.
I use the Neptune dosers and they do have the amount in the UI but you have to hunt for it. I need a quick visual indicator.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new