Small footprint pump but powerful ideas

MarineREEFpassion

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
203
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok all I need help trying to find a submersible pump that isn’t overly large but strong enough for at least 2100 GPH. I’m going to set up my new UV sterilizer to be fed straight from the tank back into the tank. Anyone that has done this what pumps did you use and did you have success hiding the pump with rocks or something?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks all
 
Evening,

I would recommend getting a DC pump. This way you could keep plumbing simple and use the DC to adjust the flow rate. I installed a Maxspect Jump recently I am happy with. Not sure of your size requirements.

2100 gph is a lot of flow for a UV, is there a reason you are going for that size?
 
Evening,

I would recommend getting a DC pump. This way you could keep plumbing simple and use the DC to adjust the flow rate. I installed a Maxspect Jump recently I am happy with. Not sure of your size requirements.

2100 gph is a lot of flow for a UV, is there a reason you are going for that size?
Yeah I’ve got a new current WiFi dc pump I was just trying to get others help to see if inside the tank or plumb it outside since my pump can be outside or submersible. As for the flow that about average when shooting for bacterial/algae prevention. It’s all about turn over, slower, around 440-600 would be for parasitic like ich. I’m waiting for my new Neptune flow meter kit so I can monitor my UV and my rollermat flow, both require a certain flow to be optimal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new