Small footprint pump but powerful ideas

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok all I need help trying to find a submersible pump that isn’t overly large but strong enough for at least 2100 GPH. I’m going to set up my new UV sterilizer to be fed straight from the tank back into the tank. Anyone that has done this what pumps did you use and did you have success hiding the pump with rocks or something?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks all

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

I would recommend getting a DC pump. This way you could keep plumbing simple and use the DC to adjust the flow rate. I installed a Maxspect Jump recently I am happy with. Not sure of your size requirements.

2100 gph is a lot of flow for a UV, is there a reason you are going for that size?

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

I would recommend getting a DC pump. This way you could keep plumbing simple and use the DC to adjust the flow rate. I installed a Maxspect Jump recently I am happy with. Not sure of your size requirements.

2100 gph is a lot of flow for a UV, is there a reason you are going for that size?
Yeah I’ve got a new current WiFi dc pump I was just trying to get others help to see if inside the tank or plumb it outside since my pump can be outside or submersible. As for the flow that about average when shooting for bacterial/algae prevention. It’s all about turn over, slower, around 440-600 would be for parasitic like ich. I’m waiting for my new Neptune flow meter kit so I can monitor my UV and my rollermat flow, both require a certain flow to be optimal.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back