Small larva living in filter NEED SOLUTION ASAP

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are they and how to get rid of them? What product to use safe for fish and coral.
Thanks

EC46D831-5E25-4E02-838D-FF56A393E1FC.jpeg

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like copepods. They are beneficial and unavoidable. Fish and inverts find them to be good food.

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an emergency? :thinking-face: OP doesnt even know what it is and wants to kill it already. Geesh. seeing new stuff appearing in the tank was the most fun I had when I started up.
These copepods were over taking my tank before I knew what it was. I had added some bio poly filters to catch micro debris vs adding a sock and it cleared the water up and slowed them down from being in my main tank. So I now see what they are. Corals, specifically my torches were closing up

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These copepods were over taking my tank before I knew what it was. I had added some bio poly filters to catch micro debris vs adding a sock and it cleared the water up and slowed them down from being in my main tank. So I now see what they are. Corals, specifically my torches were closing up

Never had pods take over a tank. Heck people buy them to populate their systems. Pods are a good thing IMO and very welcome in most tanks Some species can even and help with dynos. If your corals are closing up I seriously doubt it is caused by pods. Unless those or not pods :thinking-face:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back