Small, peaceful fish recommendations for a 120 gallon reef

E.J.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon reef with three lemon damsels, two yellow tail damsels, a royal gramma, an ocellaris clownfish, and a tomini tang. The damsels are all rather easy going and only bicker mildly with each other - mostly some harmless posturing. I'm looking to add additional small fish that will coexist peacefully with each other and the tank's current residents. Any ideas for fish that can be kept in groups? I'm going for slice of that typical coral reef documentary scene in which numerous small, colorful fish hover above coral bommies.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias? Of course if you willing to feed few times a day.
Zebra Barred Dartfish can be kept in groups.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, Lyretail Anthais 3-5, as noted above would be a good addition. Get a group with no male and watch him turn to male (left pic) in 60 days or so.

I feed everyone, at lunch and at dinner.
3CEC5644-D1B7-42EC-BAB0-CEF9829BE89A.jpeg D5F64A1F-CE65-4B4A-837B-F2FDCBBC2730.jpeg

OP
OP
E.J.

E.J.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the anthias suggestions. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive for a group. My son suggested a large group consisting of a variety of peaceful-ish damsels, in addition to the few we already have. The lemon damsels lay eggs weekly so they can get a tad feisty near the nest, but that's the extent of it.

reefnfun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainsford Goby the are a small good looking fish. Make sure you have copapods as they do not eat fish food. Its one of my favorite fish

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Sharknose Goby pair and would love a small school of them. Fun, energetic, and actually performs some cleaning of my Sailfin and others. :)

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bengaii Cardinals are cool. Not too expensive either

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back