Small Seaweed Eaters?

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Kenzie Jeanine, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Kenzie Jeanine

Kenzie Jeanine Member

I got a pack of green seaweed added into an order as a free gift, but I currently don't have any fish remotely interested in it! Are there any fish that could fit into a 24 gal cube and would get along with an ocellaris clown, sixline wrasse, and tailspot blenny that also eat seaweed?
    I know a lot of people might think that the wrasse would prevent any new fish from being welcome, but he was the first fish in there and has never bullied the other two.
    Thanks!

2. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Indecision may or may not be my problem. R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

The blenny will probably eat some and my clownfish loves it soaked in garlic :)

Other than that, some of you inverts would probably like it, my hermit crabs love the stuff.

3. Kenzie Jeanine

Kenzie Jeanine Member

None of them seem even remotely interested, but I'll give the garlic soak a try and see what happens!

4. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Another thing you can try is to make a "burrito" by wrapping frozen food in the nori and rubberbanding that to a rock. Fish are likely to grab a bit of nori while they're trying to get to the mysis or whatever, and discover that ... hey ... that's not bad . . .

~Bruce

Kenzie Jeanine and najer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted