Small Tangs in Small Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of these tangs good to go in a 3 foot 40 temporary?

Achilles
Powder Blue
Powder Brown
Sailfin
Blue
or Gold RImmed Tang?

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I meant Gold Rimmed Tang, I am not expert so no achllies tang, also maybe a year?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know much about the Acanthurus Tangs you’ve mentioned but they can be a little prone to disease as far as I know. I think a year could be fine but afterwards you should put them in a more proper sized tank. Good luck!

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of these tangs should be in a 40b for a year. Most that you listed should be in an 8ft tank, Achilles, sailfin, blue. Powder blue, brown and gold rim are notorious ich magnets and susceptible to stress especially from confinement. Small tangs still swim great distances on the reef.

I would recommend one of the smaller dwarf angels. Similar, laterally compressesd body and, behavior swimming in and out of the rocks to a tang. Also beautiful coloration and more inquisitive personalities than the tangs imho. The xiphypop or pigmy angels would be ideal candidates for a 40b.

MikeRizz88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40g for a small tang, for a brief quarantine is fine, but a year is waaay too long. Just wait until you can give them an appropriate home.

I agree!! Spot on eatbreakfast!

Dwarf species would be fine in 40G breeder.
Coral beauty, Flame angel, Potters angel, lemon peel angel, but reefs beware lol. All these dwarfs have amazing colorations.

good luck

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already had a coral beauty,just wanted to add some 'Personality' and algae eaters to my tank.
A blenny, such as starry or algae blenny would be more appropriate for your tank size.

U

User1

View Badges
No, none of those tangs, or any tang, is fit for a 40 breeder. QT != display. They are not the same thing.

Here, do this for me. Pick up the device that you are reading these forums on. Walk to the nearest closet in your residence. Open the door, turn on the light if you have one, enter, turn around, and close the door. Spend a couple hours in there. When Alexa or your phone's timer says times up, come out here and post about the experience.

Now go to another room be it kitchen, bedroom, walk in closet, den, office, back yard, or anything other than that closet, spend the same 2 hours in there. Once Alexa or whatever timer you have set says time is up come back and post the experience.

You and the tang are now one and I bet you liked the larger environment.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get tiny yellow tang stay away from other tangs you can have 2 yellow tang

what’s the size of your tank

if it’s 30+ you can have clownfish also

another tangs are aggravating specially with each another

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back