Smallest Clownfish attacking bigger clownfish!

Shawn H!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem strange but my smallest clownfish has suddenly become aggressive and is picking on the largest and targets 1 of the middle size fish that was in the bubble tip constantly. My largest fish is very passive and try’s to swim in between the two when the little guy is attacking. I have 4 clowns that were all raised in the same tank together. They are not fully grown yet if that matters. This started yesterday and is still going on. I have a waterbox 25 AIO. Just looking for some advice.

OP
OP
S

Shawn H!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was thinking. I have been out of the game for 15 years and only had 1 clown previously. Little Nemo is a jerk. Hahaha

pal98111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two firefish and the smaller one killed the larger one, who never defended himself. Go figure.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This may seem strange but my smallest clownfish has suddenly become aggressive and is picking on the largest and targets 1 of the middle size fish that was in the bubble tip constantly. My largest fish is very passive and try’s to swim in between the two when the little guy is attacking. I have 4 clowns that were all raised in the same tank together. They are not fully grown yet if that matters. This started yesterday and is still going on. I have a waterbox 25 AIO. Just looking for some advice.
While not common - it does happen especially when theyre pairing off and establishing territory and hierarchy. I started with 14 and had to wait to see who was dating who

dropF.jpg
dropG.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shawn H!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not common - it does happen especially when theyre pairing off and establishing territory and hierarchy. I started with 14 and had to wait to see who was dating who

dropF.jpg
dropG.jpg
did any of yours hide? The one that is being bullied is hiding in the care is of the rock.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
did any of yours hide? The one that is being bullied is hiding in the care is of the rock.
Hiding a sign of intimidation and yes some did

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 42 50.6%
  • NO

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back