Smallest protein skimmer, algae reactor, or scrubber?

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I have a innovative marine nuvo 10. I am in need of a way to export my nutrients in conjunction with weekly water changes. Currently the first chamber has mechanical filtration and purigen. The second chamber houses the heater. However, due to circumstances with my lighting set up where the base covers part of the second chamber, I am very limited on space. I am wondering which protien skimmers, algae reactors, or scrubbers can fit in a foot print of 3 inches by 1.5 inches. It is the water part that is this size. I can fit a hob on the condition that the "pump" part can fit for example. Any advice or inputs will be very helpfull.

Thanks and Happy Reefing!

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just a 10 gallon tank I would just do water changes tbh. What's livestock is in the tank ??

OP
OP
Jmas4

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just a 10 gallon tank I would just do water changes tbh. What's livestock is in the tank ??

A pair of clowns and a yellow tail damsels. Mixed reef. I'm doing weekly 2 gallon wc.

Parameters are:
8.1 pH
430 cal
9.2 alk
10-20 nitrate
0.07 po4

There is no algae growth in the tank other than some film on the glass. Currently I am supplementing my cuc with nori. But I want to find a way to lower nutrients.

The aquamax nf1 will not be able to fit. It's too big.☹️

IMG_20221225_150228_19.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone!

I have a innovative marine nuvo 10. I am in need of a way to export my nutrients in conjunction with weekly water changes. Currently the first chamber has mechanical filtration and purigen. The second chamber houses the heater. However, due to circumstances with my lighting set up where the base covers part of the second chamber, I am very limited on space. I am wondering which protien skimmers, algae reactors, or scrubbers can fit in a foot print of 3 inches by 1.5 inches. It is the water part that is this size. I can fit a hob on the condition that the "pump" part can fit for example. Any advice or inputs will be very helpfull.

Thanks and Happy Reefing!
Water changes most cost effective but also monitor tank with reliable test kits
If its a skimmer you want, Ice Cap K1-50 will perform like a full size skimmer and hang on the back

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do nothing, unless your having a problem with constantly increasing nutrient levels, then a small skimmer so we get some extra water movement as well.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back