Smart ATO aqua

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I have a smart ATO aqua, and it’s been just junk. Is there a trick to get this to work decent. It just beeps middle of the night, worked great for about a month. My sensor is clean, Is there parts I can replace? Should I just smash it and get a Tunze.

Mrtakeoff53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started doing the same thing. Every night at about 5 am it would start beeping. I have no idea what it was about. I have mine hooked to an APEX so I’m programmed the outlet to turn off from 4-6 am. It hasn’t done it since. Haha! There is a bug in their system I supposed. Double triple check everything. If it still dose it, send it back as defective and get a Tunze.

OP
OP
408Dartfish

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. It’s been the biggest pile of garbage I’ve bought for my reef tank. Next time I’ll get a Tunze

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had issues with mine really. It beeps if the pump has ran too long.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have that model, but I have another autoaqua ATO and one of the safety features is that it measures the length of time it takes for the first top off. If subsequent top offs take considerably longer then it assumes something is wrong and stops pumping and starts beeping.

If your first top off was unusually short then that might have confused it and it might be overly sensitive now. You might want to try to do a factory reset on it and make sure that the first top off isn’t shorter than normal.

OP
OP
408Dartfish

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have that model, but I have another autoaqua ATO and one of the safety features is that it measures the length of time it takes for the first top off. If subsequent top offs take considerably longer then it assumes something is wrong and stops pumping and starts beeping.

If your first top off was unusually short then that might have confused it and it might be overly sensitive now. You might want to try to do a factory reset on it and make sure that the first top off isn’t shorter than normal.
Thank you, how would I do a factory reset?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back