Smart Roller L vs Reefmat 1200

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations on a roller mat. I'm stuck between the Red Sea Reefmat 1200 and the Reef Factory Smart Roller L.

Any recommendations or Pros/Cons?

Edit:
I'm leaning towards the reef factory based on the roll being almost twice as wide and the same length as the reefmat for the same price.

Thanks!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both great, buy the one which will be easier for you to fit in your sump - the form factor is vastly different between the two! :relieved-face: They do exactly the same thing, although many Red Sea owners report excess roll usage..

OP
OP
thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think both will fit in my sump, the roller mat chamber is 15"x17". I think I'll try out the reef factory. Bigger roll for the same price, and looks like they possibly might be new to the US?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think both will fit in my sump, the roller mat chamber is 15"x17". I think I'll try out the reef factory. Bigger roll for the same price, and looks like they possibly might be new to the US?
Reef Factory are new to the US. I have had most of their equipment and most of it is fairly solid! Keep in mind as they are new in the US, stock up on rolls so you won't run out!

Reef Factory has experienced a lack of consumables here in the Europe as they could not quite keep up with demand.

Their app is fantastic though, definetly the best on the market!

OP
OP
thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Factory are new to the US. I have had most of their equipment and most of it is fairly solid! Keep in mind as they are new in the US, stock up on rolls so you won't run out!

Reef Factory has experienced a lack of consumables here in the Europe as they could not quite keep up with demand.

Their app is fantastic though, definetly the best on the market!
Just placed my order and got 4 extra rolls! I wont be setting the tank up that it's going on for a while, then cycle with no roll installed. Probably 6-7 months before I start to actually use it but wanted to plumb it in while everything is dry.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back