Smart skimmer - do they exist?

BRS

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
In a world of aquarium computers and adjustable devices, has anyone brought out a smart skimmer yet?

I want one that will integrate to my aquarium controller and be able to adjust remotely.

MaxTremors

View Badges
Reaction score
In a world of aquarium computers and adjustable devices, has anyone brought out a smart skimmer yet?

I want one that will integrate to my aquarium controller and be able to adjust remotely.
I don’t think so (I haven’t seen one anyway). I think it would be difficult considering that dialing a skimmer in is completely dependent on the amount of organics in the water. I suppose they could make one that you could adjust with your controller or an app, but you’d still need to dial it in the same way we do now, so I don’t know how much of a convenience it would be.

OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t think so (I haven’t seen one anyway). I think it would be difficult considering that dialing a skimmer in is completely dependent on the amount of organics in the water. I suppose they could make one that you could adjust with your controller or an app, but you’d still need to dial it in the same way we do now, so I don’t know how much of a convenience it would be.
I don’t think it would be too hard to have a sensor to detect the skimmate level, and then an automatic adjustable air intake etc.

RC