OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walt Disney growth over a month. No I am not fancy enough to make the photos flow with crazy color. Also PE is normal just got bumped by the tang before the photo
WD 1.JPG
WD 2.JPG

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walt Disney growth over a month. No I am not fancy enough to make the photos flow with crazy color. Also PE is normal just got bumped by the tang before the photo
WD 1.JPG
WD 2.JPG
Definitely lots of new tips! I’ve usually had it encrust more before new tips. You must be doing something (a lot of things) right!

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely lots of new tips! I’ve usually had it encrust more before new tips. You must be doing something (a lot of things) right!
I would say that has been my experience in the past. This one seems to barely encrust, but hey I would rather have new tips!

rtbell1771

Ummm, yep, it's supposed to look like that...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't typically comment on build threads, but I just wanted to say - I've read a bunch of build threads and yours is by far one of the best. Very inspiring. It's obvious you are a hard worker and take a lot of pride in your work. I've learned some things and even may stash away some ideas for my own use. Very well done. I look forward to seeing your continued progress!

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't typically comment on build threads, but I just wanted to say - I've read a bunch of build threads and yours is by far one of the best. Very inspiring. It's obvious you are a hard worker and take a lot of pride in your work. I've learned some things and even may stash away some ideas for my own use. Very well done. I look forward to seeing your continued progress!
Thank you very much. The compliment is very appreciated! I have been trying to keep it updated.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how you spoil your fish before CO goes on lock down again starting tomorrow.
Specifically my regal! no display clams in my future.
6DD2560A-557C-4CD2-B4CC-737E342DEE06.jpeg

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I upgraded to the new apex.
Did I really need too? No
Can a truly justify the expense? Not really
Where they on sale? Yes
Did want over need win? YUP
Go over well with the other half? What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.
Classic gear upgrade mental thought process.

need to do a ton of new cable management.

7FE64994-D0B3-4FC3-A112-76EB1D0321C5.jpeg
D726B72C-EEA1-47BF-90B4-99058EEB3B14.jpeg

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get creative! Turn those wires into an aquatic creature. Octopus? That wall is like a blank canvas!

haha jk. At least now you can get the trident...did you get that on sale too?

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get creative! Turn those wires into an aquatic creature. Octopus? That wall is like a blank canvas!

haha jk. At least now you can get the trident...did you get that on sale too?

HAHA. I am not sure I have quite that artistic of a touch!

I did not get that on sale. I should have, but was afraid of the reprimand. Do you have one? What is your honest review on it if you do. I have heard a few mixed.

With COVID I have been really good about testing daily. Also help I have been running fish QT again ( three new small fish) . Got to test copper daily and keep me entertained. So if you want any QTed fish let me know haha

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA. I am not sure I have quite that artistic of a touch!

I did not get that on sale. I should have, but was afraid of the reprimand. Do you have one? What is your honest review on it if you do. I have heard a few mixed.

With COVID I have been really good about testing daily. Also help I have been running fish QT again ( three new small fish) . Got to test copper daily and keep me entertained. So if you want any QTed fish let me know haha
I don’t have any issues with the trident. It works as it should. It is surprisingly accurate and consistent. It’s cool to have it test frequently, and you really get a heartbeat of the tank over the course of . Of course this used up a lot of reagent so I don’t do that often.

I find the trident controlled dosing a little cumbersome and not as good as I’d like, so I turned it off.

ive got my Copper treatment tank going too, 5 Chromis and a pair of yellow coris wrasses.

JayPnoy12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Leopard QT:
Everything seems well with the three wrasses in QT. Handling chelated quite well actually. Ornate will eat anything I throw in there now.

Ornate Lepoard wrasse 4.JPG
@rds85 great built and I like how you have dedicate fish room. It's a lot easy to work with than not having one. I've been in hobby a little over 20yrs. I starting back when I was high school. Thru high school and college back then I did not know much about and have learn a lot of lesson when I was start. I encounter fish lost due to disease like ich, marine velvet, and other fish disease back then when I start saltwater. Now before I build my I'm also working by researching reading idea from different forum to get idea on how I will do my built mine. The idea is want to have excellent functionally, easy to take care, and control as you know most of us have to work for living to make money to buy want we. So I'm still saving money and working a plan. Also be able to enjoy piece of Ocean Reef without too much issue. I understand now how important to QT your fish and thank you for doing that to these animal. I know a lot people are debating about QT your fish or not due to many reason which a couple of people saying "Don't have enough room to built one", "Too much work or equipment to use" and "Time consuming". On the other note about the treatment your using when you said "Handling chelated quite well actually" what type of copper treatment are you using. The reason why I asked cause I read from the site http://www.wetwebmedia.com/cryptchelcucures.htm and forum here that using chelated copper such as "Copper Power" can tolerate most fish even wrasses. Also your gonna have to give detail how you did your mixing water station as I like that idea.

Always,

Jay

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any issues with the trident. It works as it should. It is surprisingly accurate and consistent. It’s cool to have it test frequently, and you really get a heartbeat of the tank over the course of . Of course this used up a lot of reagent so I don’t do that often.

I find the trident controlled dosing a little cumbersome and not as good as I’d like, so I turned it off.

ive got my Copper treatment tank going too, 5 Chromis and a pair of yellow coris wrasses.

Well then sounds like that is next on the wish list! The consistency is all I would be after.
I would not use the trident for dosing control, simply testing and monitoring. I only have CaRx hooked up and don't want it controlling that to be honest. One clogged tube..

Nice! Get all your Hawaiian fish now. The environmental project over there is preventing the new yearly licenses for collection to stop for a little while once their previous one is up. This is second hand info from someone I trust in the fish industry.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rds85 great built and I like how you have dedicate fish room. It's a lot easy to work with than not having one. I've been in hobby a little over 20yrs. I starting back when I was high school. Thru high school and college back then I did not know much about and have learn a lot of lesson when I was start. I encounter fish lost due to disease like ich, marine velvet, and other fish disease back then when I start saltwater. Now before I build my I'm also working by researching reading idea from different forum to get idea on how I will do my built mine. The idea is want to have excellent functionally, easy to take care, and control as you know most of us have to work for living to make money to buy want we. So I'm still saving money and working a plan. Also be able to enjoy piece of Ocean Reef without too much issue. I understand now how important to QT your fish and thank you for doing that to these animal. I know a lot people are debating about QT your fish or not due to many reason which a couple of people saying "Don't have enough room to built one", "Too much work or equipment to use" and "Time consuming". On the other note about the treatment your using when you said "Handling chelated quite well actually" what type of copper treatment are you using. The reason why I asked cause I read from the site http://www.wetwebmedia.com/cryptchelcucures.htm and forum here that using chelated copper such as "Copper Power" can tolerate most fish even wrasses. Also your gonna have to give detail how you did your mixing water station as I like that idea.

Always,

Jay

I use Copper Power and API general cure religiously. Humblefish is the best resource out there and has a website with great info. You should check it out.

I think I explained the water mixing station in a post a few pages back. Let me know if you want to know something specific.

JayPnoy12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Copper Power and API general cure religiously. Humblefish is the best resource out there and has a website with great info. You should check it out.

I think I explained the water mixing station in a post a few pages back. Let me know if you want to know something specific.
@rds85

Thank You for the response back. In fact that black box you have where did you get that or bought. Also with the QT that your doing after the fish have been in therapeutic stage do you transfer them into new sterile tank? If you do two thing I want to know if you are dosing General Cure in the water column. Do you put the GC after they been remove into the copper treatment?

Always,

Jay

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then sounds like that is next on the wish list! The consistency is all I would be after.
I would not use the trident for dosing control, simply testing and monitoring. I only have CaRx hooked up and don't want it controlling that to be honest. One clogged tube..

Nice! Get all your Hawaiian fish now. The environmental project over there is preventing the new yearly licenses for collection to stop for a little while once their previous one is up. This is second hand info from someone I trust in the fish industry.
Yes, I think if you’re already in the Neptune apex universe it makes sense to stick with trident. If you were anti apex for whatever reason than maybe another competitor might be preferable for one reason or another.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rds85 Thank You for the response back. In fact that black box you have where did you get that or bought. Also with the QT that your doing after the fish have been in therapeutic stage do you transfer them into new sterile tank? If you do two thing I want to know if you are dosing General Cure in the water column. Do you put the GC after they been remove into the copper treatment? Always, Jay
I think I got the black box from some scrap in the garage. I am sure you can find a electrical enclosure on amazon or on the internet.
I have done both. I have done a full 30day QT at therapeutic then into DT and I have done a 21 day therapeutic and into an observation tank. It is specific to the type of fish. Generally they go a full 30 days at therapeutic and observe them during the last two weeks or treatment.
I usually do GC first before copper treatment. I will get the batch of fish I want to QT and put them in QT at zero copper. Feed them and watch them for 3 days. Do GC in the water column then I start adding copper slowly to see if any are sensitive. 5 days later I will do another of GC in the water column while I still raise copper slowly over 10 days. I will do a third GC treatment if necessary. Generally the fish are in the QT tank 40-45 days.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think if you’re already in the Neptune apex universe it makes sense to stick with trident. If you were anti apex for whatever reason than maybe another competitor might be preferable for one reason or another.
I am not anti apex. So I will have to try the trident out! It will probably be a few weeks as now it would just sting to buy it at full price after the sale ended 7 ish days ago.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back