OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hugo's rainbow stag. Must of had to much light to be branching out like this.
DSC_0149-3.jpg

BC Bubblebath Unicorn
DSC_0146.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous pictures.
Good call on the Biggle comparison. Indeed very similar.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaoti wrasse
DSC_0198-2.jpg

Clown pair:
Male
DSC_0202-2.jpg
DSC_0206.jpg

female
DSC_0185.jpg

Tomini
DSC_0221-2.jpg

Pintail Fairy Wrasse
DSC_0216.jpg

Scopas - I just noticed today he is holding his mouth funny. I'm not sure what happened, if it's swollen or if he got stung by something but he's keeping it open at all times right now. I also don't recall his teeth being so pronounced. He eyeballs the nori sheet, rocks and mysis but did not eat for the first time today. I have bristleworms but I'm I can't see anything. I think I give it a few days and monitor the situation. Pull him and QT/treat if need be.
DSC_0215.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few new pieces:
Torch coral. I believe it's indo and just needs to acclimate to my crazy flow and probably intense lighting. Hopefully it'll start to extend more and I'll be able to move it out to a more viewable spot.
DSC_0167-2.jpg

What can I say, I missed my hawkins! Specially now that I'm back halide
DSC_0172-4.jpg

Z's Prize
DSC_0175.jpg

Draw Jopper. Seems like a sensitive piece, lost a lot of color from shipping. It's been about 2 weeks and is starting to have some hints of color on the tips during the day. All blue it's already looking great.
DSC_0173.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started to run my XHOs alongside my halides during the day. I'm too cheap to buy more lamps when the new tank will be ready within a month or two. This blends the differences in the two bulbs I have very well and the tank looks uniform.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet Dozer, the largest turbo I’ve grown to date. I know they get much larger but this guys pretty good size now. I’ve never bought them larger than thumb width so he’s grown for who knows how long. He managed to camouflage in the rocks on transfer day from my 180g
Cleaning the mp40
AA07EE98-963D-421C-9341-C0C34BD69C7B.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It amazes me how rare a spotting is with his size/tank size! He's never out when the lights are on.
Same with mine! No clue where he disappears to during the day… but at night? He’s mowing down any and all algae on a rock. (He only polishes one rock, which annoys me. There’s a ton of other rocks in the tank that he could be cleaning, but he chooses to clean that specific one. :rolleyes: )

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with mine! No clue where he disappears to during the day… but at night? He’s mowing down any and all algae on a rock. (He only polishes one rock, which annoys me. There’s a ton of other rocks in the tank that he could be cleaning, but he chooses to clean that specific one. :rolleyes: )
Ha! Mine tends to stay on the main rock too. No excuses with bare bottom either. I prefer it, the front structure isn't cemented together so I can tell when he's gone through there. It's how he got the name :)

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I didn't think it was possible due to size but the chaoti wrasse went for a ride into the weir box of my overflow. He was too large to actually make it into the bulkheads completely. I saw his tail sticking out of the bulkhead when I went looking for him and thought he was a goner. I pried the weir out a bit in front of the bulkhead and was able to get him to push into the rear box and catch him. I released him and he swam around, fed the tank and he nibbled then shot into the sand.....fingers crossed he's okay. His gills look spread out a bit but he was breathing heavily, I just hope there was no damage done. Luckily it's a thick coated fish, lots of feather dusters and stuff to get scratched up on in there. All his fins looked to be mobile while he swam around for a short while so hopefully he pulls through.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just plugging along over here. Trying not to buy any more livestock haha. Doing pretty good so far. Chances are I already have enough coral to fill the new build if I allow and open hand area for all pieces.

I’m going to try and load a short video of the tank straight to here, let’s see if it works.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been over a month but the starfish population is dropping enough for these two to move from their spot and hunt. This is actually the first time I've seen them separate since introducing them to the tank. Got pretty lucky just picked two randoms at the LFS and they paired right up.

This is during my long pulse of the mp40 on that side of the tank, little dude is hanging on for dear life :) I feel my tank has responded really well to these long alternating pulses and overall everything seems much more natural than when I was running random before. The flow also reaches the front area of the tank so much better with the 1-2 minute long pulses.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guys growing well @minus9! My phone can’t pick up the coloration quite right but many it’s fury! Love the polyp extension on this one. Going to need to separate it from that orange piece soon.
2C793EBE-200F-4370-834C-49B8B90C150A.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back