Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED is much harder. These are under the XHO with a filter on the D80 with macro

The one above, pink in the day and pink/blue under xho. This would represent viewing top down with orange shades on:

bubble yum.jpg
bubbleyum.jpg
bubbleyum2.jpg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great, Matt! I'm really considering moving my gyres to the back corners in a vertical position and switching between a lagoon and sps reef mode between the gyres and vortechs (alternating pumps)? Some of my stags have really bizarre growth from all of the random flow, which doesn't look natural to me at all.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, Matt! I'm really considering moving my gyres to the back corners in a vertical position and switching between a lagoon and sps reef mode between the gyres and vortechs (alternating pumps)? Some of my stags have really bizarre growth from all of the random flow, which doesn't look natural to me at all.
Give it a go! I bet you can get a really good amount of flow going without blowing too much sand around. I did add a jebao pump I had in my sump to the display today. That red/blue table and a few other colonies towards the middle were trapping a lot of detritus. I've been basting weekly but it's pretty constant. I also noticed that tenuis I got from you, it's polyps only move about half the time. Hopefully this will help that section out a bit. It's disturbing long pulse a little bit but the wp-25 can't really overpower the mp40s so it's not too bad.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give it a go! I bet you can get a really good amount of flow going without blowing too much sand around. I did add a jebao pump I had in my sump to the display today. That red/blue table and a few other colonies towards the middle were trapping a lot of detritus. I've been basting weekly but it's pretty constant. I also noticed that tenuis I got from you, it's polyps only move about half the time. Hopefully this will help that section out a bit. It's disturbing long pulse a little bit but the wp-25 can't really overpower the mp40s so it's not too bad.
Nice! Did you keep your Tunze stream 3? That pump would rock in your new tank.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Did you keep your Tunze stream 3? That pump would rock in your new tank.
No, unfortunately I sold it. I did pick up a Tunze wavebox and 3 x 6105 tunze wavemakers. I think I'll be getting real good flow with that.

I've been running a 6105 in my cycle bin, man is that thing quiet and it moves a crazy amount of water.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got a shipment in and I'm very happy with the purchase. Triton Corals out of Santa Barbara, CA. Great communication, nice and chunky frags and shipping was top notch! Polyps were out in the bag when I opened the box.

The reason I contacted them was a buddy told me he knew they had a huge colony of PC Superman that I've been on the hunt for. This is exactly how I remember my colony looking in my 100g. Nice tight growth pattern and color is spot on. I feel like some that I see may have been confused with PC Rainbow.
A375A524-3E11-4849-B0E1-6703F35ED93E.jpeg

A. Caroliniana . Very chunky and a nice yellow/green coloration to it.
114FB81D-5D37-45D8-B807-41D7C547E72F.jpeg

One of TCSB signature pieces - After Midnight - A.Granulosa
8AB49B3D-3B78-42C6-BAB0-33BC65325B96.jpeg

Another A.Granulosa TGC Hell's Highlighter. Very cool green polyps on this guy.
D200389B-2E82-4013-89CB-D7D6B38A6F1D.jpeg

Always cool to find another trustworthy vendor. Frags were cut to order and healed for 2 weeks. Plugs showed up clean and tissue on all the peices were nice and thick. Very healthy looking. He must push a lot of flow with how thick most of these branches are. Nothing fell off in the dip either. A++

Back