Snack attack.....

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
So to help all the elves out there fill up their SS boxes how about letting us know your favorite or go to snack. Do you like savory, salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy, creamy or healthy?
This is also a good opportunity to say if you really dislike or are allergic to any treats.
I love almonds, cheese and jerky as a snack. Also love dark chocolate as a special treat.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Aw, good idea! I like most snacks, but as you mentioned some might be diet restricted, I am gluten free (not by choice, lol)

Chocolate is usually safe, as long as they're are no mix in gluten things. Meat snacks for sure, I make homemade jerkey ALL THE TIME, usually with beef, but sometimes venison if available. I also make my seasoning so it's nitrite free, no preservatives, unlike store bought seasoning mixes which are full of nitrites.

I have been a former food service worker and practice safe food handling procedures, use fresh top quality ingredients, but some might be opposed to homemade, so I'm not against buying so things are individually packaged.

Side note, I also hand make my father-in-law's dog food, his senior dachshund had a medical issue and now can't eat commercial dry food, so I make his from a chicken and rice recipe, and then have gone on to try baking dog treats as well, they are a hit! I test Treats on my own weenie doggo, she loves it :) dogs are easy to please !!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a thing for honey from different parts of the country. Raw, unfiltered, with the comb, the darker color the better!

I just love trying something I can't get here.
That's a cool idea to get special stuff from the locals. Our local honey here is great, we have tons of natural wild apple trees, cherries, and blackberries in our woods so the honey bees get a wide variety of flowers.

And I see your shoulder weenie in your photo, lol. We have a lil doxie as well :)

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a thing for honey from different parts of the country. Raw, unfiltered, with the comb, the darker color the better!

Wow that is cool. I actually just started 2 hives this year hoping they make it through the winter.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
And I see your shoulder weenie in your photo, lol. We have a lil doxie as well :)
We have 3 wiener dogs, 10 years old, 3 years old, and 1 year old. Needless to say, it can be a 3 ring circus :D
IMG_20201218_161319952.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201218_161319952.jpg
    IMG_20201218_161319952.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 35

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score

Me too! Huge honey fiend

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Haribo gummies! I have to hide them though, my kid is a snack stealer!
Gummy bears are a classic. Pop them in the freezer for a day and get a fun frozen treat.

For snack stealing.... leave out the sugar free gummy bears and they'll never take your snacks again.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Peanut m&m's, beef jerky, pistachios (in the shell) and CHILI CHEESE FRITOS. If there is one perfect food, it's CHILI CHEESE FRITOS.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back