Snail central

TraydersAnonymous

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2022
Messages
104
Reaction score
58
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day all so I am planning to re start my aquarium upgrading to a 29 gal from a 15 gal. Too many algae issues and I want to go fresh. Buty current 15 is a snail harvesting factory. Currently I have 100 million micro snails all over my glass, not joking hard to see through now. I've scrapped them off countless times.

They grow very slow and I'm wondering if I leave them to continue and what even are they. The snails in my tank are all dead minus an astrea snail, I had a trochus snail disappear into my filter long ago and I'm suspecting he's the culprit. I'll post some pics and vids see what y'all think. I'll attach a video as well if some up real close.

IMG_20231002_220759686.jpg
 
Good day all so I am planning to re start my aquarium upgrading to a 29 gal from a 15 gal. Too many algae issues and I want to go fresh. Buty current 15 is a snail harvesting factory. Currently I have 100 million micro snails all over my glass, not joking hard to see through now. I've scrapped them off countless times.

They grow very slow and I'm wondering if I leave them to continue and what even are they. The snails in my tank are all dead minus an astrea snail, I had a trochus snail disappear into my filter long ago and I'm suspecting he's the culprit. I'll post some pics and vids see what y'all think. I'll attach a video as well if some up real close.

IMG_20231002_220759686.jpg
This is also one side they are everywhere lol
 
was looking for something else and came across this post.. those are spiroid worms.

​

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new