Snail(?) from TBS Live Rock ID help?

Giraffe0621

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2017
Messages
385
Reaction score
239
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From TBS Live Rock -- sort of flat top/bottom & attaches to glass.
What is it? Reef safe? or Remove? Thank you!!!

IMG_0235.jpg


IMG_0236.jpg
 
Looks more like a bivalve from the picture. Some of my bivalves from TBS survived, most didn't. Pop in in a QT or sump till you get a firm ID.

ok feeling clueless, as I the only thing I think when I hear bivalve = clam = non-motile. guess I have some reading to do!
 
It does look like a bivalve. The are harmless filter feeders. We just found another baby one in our tank.

I appreciate you chiming in as well - thank you! I will keep him in the sump until I'm home from work later, just in case!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new