Snail Hitchhiker

125gSW

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2017
Messages
263
Reaction score
121
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need ID please

He was in the coral base that I was dipping into Coral RX, promptly died after but was wondering what type of snail it was. Sorry for the picture quality it was hard to get a good picture. It had a red shell with spots. Reminded me of a lady bug


IMG_6757.PNG
 
Need ID please

He was in the coral base that I was dipping into Coral RX, promptly died after but was wondering what type of snail it was. Sorry for the picture quality it was hard to get a good picture. It had a red shell with spots. Reminded me of a lady bug


IMG_6757.PNG
Stomatella, awesome hitchhiker! Hopefully you have more in your tank somewhere.
 
Oh man I feel bad for killing it now :( lol it was my first time Coral dipping had no idea how to save that lil guy
Not an issue lol. At least you dipped preventing the possible income of a bad hitchhiker :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new