Snail ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter TylerJaid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TylerJaid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
192
Reaction score
90
Location
williston
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what everyone thinks these snails might be, they showed up about a month ago, piles of them, shortly after I put some astrea and trochus snails in! They haven’t grown a whole lot in that month and are still plentiful, they have two little whisker coming out the front and are all over glass at night. They are barely bigger than a grain of sand. I didn’t know if they were colonists snails or baby trochus. Thanks in advance!
20260728_012839_95DE5D22-8ADE-4644-9B73-646BB6132866.png
 
These are basically micro turbo snails. There are many tiny turbo snails common in the hobby like Microcollonia and they can reproduce in your tank. Their only issue is they can clog things and get into pumps, etc. Otherwise, all they do is eat algae.
 
These are basically micro turbo snails. There are many tiny turbo snails common in the hobby like Microcollonia and they can reproduce in your tank. Their only issue is they can clog things and get into pumps, etc. Otherwise, all they do is eat algae.
Sounds like they are good to have at least for me always dealing with algae lol! Thank you
 
Sounds like they are good to have at least for me always dealing with algae lol! Thank you
They are really cool - count yourself lucky. You'll also see most people call them Collonista snails and even sell them!
 
Sounds like they are good to have at least for me always dealing with algae lol! Thank you
They are really cool - count yourself lucky. You'll also see most people call them Collonista snails and even sell them!
That’s kinda what I was leaning towards in my readings tonight but just wasn’t sure! I don’t know how you sell some so small 😂
 
That’s kinda what I was leaning towards in my readings tonight but just wasn’t sure! I don’t know how you sell some so small 😂
I've seen them reproduce like crazy... and they are powerful in numbers! Definitely worth buying just a few to create an army in no time. They also don't have to be repurchased after they die off like other snails, so they are like a renewable clean up crew.
 
That’s kinda what I was leaning towards in my readings tonight but just wasn’t sure! I don’t know how you sell some so small 😂
I've seen them reproduce like crazy... and they are powerful in numbers! Definitely worth buying just a few to create an army in no time. They also don't have to be repurchased after they die off like other snails, so they are like a renewable clean up crew.
Just what my tank needs is a reproducing cuc member! Thank you for the info!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new