Snail id

Jose102173

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2015
Messages
57
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized when the lights go out, a hundred if not more of these snails come out. Are these guys good or bad. They are the size of a pea.

Thanks

1456203063499-668500667.jpg
 
They're Collonistas. Good guys.
 
If you get up early enough, check out the numbers in the morning when it's still darkish outside.
 
A pea is large for collinistas. I have a huge amount of them and mine don't get much bigger than a single grape on the grape caulerpa. Maybe 1/8". Tiny. And much whiter than these.

FB_IMG_1456251120833.jpg
 
I bet if he got a pea and laid it beside the snail, it actually wouldn't be similar.
 
Love these snails. Gotta clean those pumps more though. Lol
 
I should probably add that there are different species of these guys. They're not all the same, but they are all colonistas.
 
You're a man, so I natural assumed you were overestimating the size. ;-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new