Snail id?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of snail is this? I’m thinking sundial.

5F5B53AA-4DE7-4406-AFBD-17D4921FFDD5.jpeg 75FECBAC-6044-4D25-ACC9-B44DE7E46C5B.jpeg 5F433DE8-8736-4D82-8244-4557E2DA674C.jpeg 444CE2FC-851B-4E1C-8955-ACC040D6817C.jpeg EDCC1819-1541-46E2-A746-4C498B25F2ED.jpeg 6746EF1F-13A8-48B2-BB6E-5FE790B70DE6.jpeg
 
I think it’s either that or a baby Mexican turbo. It’s got a pattern that pops up when I google Mexican turbo just one I’ve never seen in person on a turbo before
I’m going to with turbo. I think it’s a keeper in any event.
 
Zebra nerite snail
 
Most likely nerite as mentioned, but if it’s heavily segmented (shell) and has a cone shaped operculum, then we’re leaning towards sundial. Pic of the underside will settle for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new