Snail ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lagnew904
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lagnew904

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Messages
139
Reaction score
113
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some cerith and narcissus snails today from the LFS. Looks like they included this snail that I'm not sure what it is?

It's attached itself to a narcissus snail and after I removed it attached itself to my tiger conch. I removed it from the conch and moved the snail to the back of the tank.

Any help on the ID and if it attaching to other snails an issue?

IMG_20211016_184713.jpg IMG_20211016_184700.jpg
 
Get rid of it. It’s a sun dial and yes will eat your clean up crew
 
Get rid of it. It’s a sun dial and yes will eat your clean up crew
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I've removed him. Is there any use for them in sump or refugium or should it be dispatched?

Also I've noticed the narcissus snail climb on the conch. Is this concerning?
 
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I've removed him. Is there any use for them in sump or refugium or should it be dispatched?

Also I've noticed the narcissus snail climb on the conch. Is this concerning?
No sump- not worth it if is fertile.
Nassarius - No threat
 
Looking at my receipt this may have been mistaken for a nerite snail? Google shows an image very close to the sundial
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new