Snail ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter efish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

efish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2022
Messages
226
Reaction score
72
Location
Somewhere
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Astrea for size comparison
20230421_172520.jpg
 
Almost looks like a dove snail. Probably not, but- grab it in some tweezers, put it in a cup of water, and take a clear pic. Let's find out for sure.
 
Almost looks like a dove snail. Probably not, but- grab it in some tweezers, put it in a cup of water, and take a clear pic. Let's find out for sure.
I believe your correct it is a lineate dove snail, the snail made a break for it while I was typing this ID request but it will show up eventually!
 
I believe your correct it is a lineate dove snail, the snail made a break for it while I was typing this ID request but it will show up eventually!
Never mind I'm wrong the shell dimensions are off I'm thinking it is a small columbellid (Euplica or Pyrene species)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new