Snail ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter efish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

efish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2022
Messages
226
Reaction score
72
Location
Somewhere
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230507_190231.jpg
20230506_164808.jpg
20230428_160545.jpg
 
Ya , looks like a whelk. I had one in my tank, hitchhiked in. Didn’t see it as they are nocturnal. Found an empty bumble bee shell, then another a few days later. I then caught it in the act of killing and eating another one. If it’s a whelk it’s a snail eater., toss it
 
Looks like it could be a whelk snail.

Ya , looks like a whelk. I had one in my tank, hitchhiked in. Didn’t see it as they are nocturnal. Found an empty bumble bee shell, then another a few days later. I then caught it in the act of killing and eating another one. If it’s a whelk it’s a snail eater., toss it
I did some further research and believe it to be a columbellid
Screenshot_20230508_105240_Chrome.jpg
 
Its probably a dove snail, algae grazer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new