Snail quarantine

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry I meant on your overhead lighting . I guess the first question should have asked you what lighting are you using ?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ecotech Radion’s and only run my UV at 55% for 5 hrs a day . The rest of the day is all the blues with white winding down to just the blues for ramp down2 hrs

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run no reds or greens
Oof i run everything full spectrum set to a default dawn -> dusk cycle as for brand i have no clue, was a 2nd hand tank i got off someone. Planning to get either an ai prime hd or a bar light but cant decide what would be better or if should go 1 or 2. Heard different things

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on your budget, dimensions with depth of your tank , how many and what type of coral you have or going to have . As well as aesthetics. But getting back to the original issues : your parameters are ok , the Mexican turbos will help , a UV light will help , but your lighting could be part of the problem as well . You might try cutting back the light a few hours maybe to 8 - 10 hrs until you get a more control on the algae . Also if you can shut off the red and green spectrums. It will take a little time to get it under control . I hope this helps . Please post again if your still having issues with the algae after a few weeks .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back