Snail quarantine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruzoko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No sorry I meant on your overhead lighting . I guess the first question should have asked you what lighting are you using ?
 
I use ecotech Radion’s and only run my UV at 55% for 5 hrs a day . The rest of the day is all the blues with white winding down to just the blues for ramp down2 hrs
 
I run no reds or greens
Oof i run everything full spectrum set to a default dawn -> dusk cycle as for brand i have no clue, was a 2nd hand tank i got off someone. Planning to get either an ai prime hd or a bar light but cant decide what would be better or if should go 1 or 2. Heard different things
 
All depends on your budget, dimensions with depth of your tank , how many and what type of coral you have or going to have . As well as aesthetics. But getting back to the original issues : your parameters are ok , the Mexican turbos will help , a UV light will help , but your lighting could be part of the problem as well . You might try cutting back the light a few hours maybe to 8 - 10 hrs until you get a more control on the algae . Also if you can shut off the red and green spectrums. It will take a little time to get it under control . I hope this helps . Please post again if your still having issues with the algae after a few weeks .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new