Snail spawning?

  • Thread starter Thread starter toygrr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

toygrr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2025
Messages
93
Reaction score
66
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught this today and thought it was pretty cool, looks like the stomatella snail was spawning this morning. I've found a couple babies since I noticed the snail after buying some frags, so I'm guessing it was gravid at that time. Maybe there's more I didn't notice.

Anyway here it is, kinda fun!

 
Trochus broadcast like that so it is a possibility. I never saw my Stomatellas breed so no clue if they broadcast or if they lay eggs like Ceriths et al.
 
Trochus broadcast like that so it is a possibility. I never saw my Stomatellas breed so no clue if they broadcast or if they lay eggs like Ceriths et al.
Yeah I have t found anything definitive either. My nassarius lay rows of eggs all the time during the night. The stomatella was reaching up off of the rock in a weird wavy fashion, it was pretty interesting. I thought it was stuck to the BTA at first haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new